Join us for the Annual Veterans Day Festival in the Park! With more than 30,000 attending last year’s Veterans Day Parade, our Veterans Day Festival in the Park, featuring the finest arts and crafts vendors, gourmet and down-home foods, Altrua's Hometown Hero Award and music by a local band... will be one event you don’t want to miss!
Check back soon for 2018 registration information.
- The Festival will be held on Parade Day from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm in the parks of beautiful downtown Tallahassee, Florida, between Monroe and Duval Street
- The Festival includes both Food & Arts & Crafts vendors.
- Booth space is limited. Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis until November 1. Applications will be considered after November 1 if space is available.
- Electrical cancellations are non‐refundable.
- Food booths are 15′ x 10′. Crafted food booths are 10′ x 10′. All booths are outdoors and are assigned based on vendor category at the direction of V.E.T. Inc.
- Staggered booth set up begins at 7:00 am on Parade Day. Booth set up must be completed by 9:00 am and disassembled by 6:00 pm.
- All vehicles must be moved to designated parking areas by 8:00 am
- The Festival is held outdoors on city streets and in parks. Electricity is available for purchase for $25.00 per plug (20 AMPS). If you do not need electrical, there is not a charge for your booth. If you would like to make a donation to Vet Events Tally, it would be greatly appreciated.
- You will be notified of your acceptance in the Festival via the email address you provide.
- Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying Florida sales tax.
- Vendors supply their own booth tables and small tents and they must fit in the allotted space.
- All vendor tents must be properly weighted down.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, or credit card (Visa and Master Card accepted).
Food Vendor Rules
- Vet Events Tally will accept and assign food vendors based on veterans status and a first come basis along with consideration of the creative, original, and appropriate and attractiveness of the menu.
- All food vendors must have current General Liability insurance coverage with a minimum of $1,000,000/$1,000,000 (occurrence/aggregate) limits of BI &PD. A Certificate of Insurance is required with the Veteran Events in Tallahassee, Inc. as an additional insured.
- Vendors must mail/email/fax Liability Certificates of Insurance to Veteran Events in Tallahassee, Inc. along with the application and other required documents to be considered for inclusion in the event. Mail certificates to:
Vet Events Tally
241 Lake Ella Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32303
- Venders must submit with their application the appropriate documents for their business as described below:
- City of Tallahassee Business Tax Certificate/Occupational license. State License: Department of Business and Professional Regulations license and/or the Department of Agriculture license or exemption.
- Non-profit vendor: Copy of the Florida Department of Revenue Consumer Certificate of Exemption.
- Vendors may send in non returnable photos of their display showing a theme of American Patriotism along with their application.
- Pepsi is the proud sponsor of the Veteran’s Day Parade and Festival. THE ONLY DRINKS THAT MAY BE SOLD BY VENDORS AT THE FESTIVAL IS COFFEE (HOT OR COLD) TEA (HOT OR COLD) AND LEMONADE!!!
- Exhibitors may not sell or solicit outside of your designated booth area. Electricity is available for purchase AT $25.00 per plug (20 amps). You cannot piggyback extension cords into one plug or use power strips. You may purchase more than one plug if needed. Extension cords must be grounded (3 prong plugs). We cannot accommodate appliances with greater than 20 amps. requirements.
- Generators are not permitted in any booth.
- PA systems are not permitted.
- Booths may use battery power, propane gas, charcoal grills or cookers only.
- All food booth workers must wear hair restraints and/or hats.
- Food vendors are responsible for maintaining constant booth cleanliness and must dispose of garbage in City-provided garbage cans only.
- Food vendors are required to keep perishable foods cooled on ice.
- Fresh water may be obtained by filling your own buckets at a central water valve provided near booths.
- Booths wastewater and grease must be contained and disposed of properly or deposit will be forfeited.
- Food vendors are required to furnish tents to cover food preparation area.
- Quality assurance inspections will take place prior to the opening of the event and throughout the day to ensure all rules and regulations have been met. Any vender deemed to have broken any rules or regulations and not corrected their action promptly will be asked to shut their booth down.
- All vendors must return a signed General Release of Claims form with their application. The Release of Claims is the first step in the online application process.
Arts & Crafts Vendor Rules
The Veterans Day Festival in the Park is open to Artists and Craftsmen including mass produced items or reselling of purchased items. Art and Craft vendors will be accepted based on creativity, appropriateness, quality and originality. Preference will be given to participants of the Festival that are oriented toward veterans with veteran‐related goods and services.
- All items for sale must be listed on this application. Items will be subject to acceptance prior to the Festival and will be checked during the Festival. Quality assurance inspections will take place prior to the opening of the event to ensure all rules and regulations have been met, including, but not limited to, inspections of crafts for “original work.” Inspections will also take place during the day.
- Selling non‐approved items will result in immediate booth closure.
- Exhibitors may not sell or solicit outside of your designated booth area.
- NON‐PROFIT VENDORS are not permitted to sell any items. Items that are to be distributed must be listed.
- NON‐PROFIT VENDORS must send in a copy of their Florida Department of Revenue Consumer Certificate of Exemption.
- All vendors should consider donating of a portion of proceeds to VET, Inc.
- A $100 refundable cleaning deposit is required for all non‐food vendors. Payments are due within 10 days of acceptance of the vender.
- Vendors must offer all patrons sales receipts with contact name and phone number clearly stamped or printed on the sales receipt.
- Electricity is available for purchase at $25.00 per plug (20 amps). You cannot piggyback extension cords into a plug or use a power strip. Extension cords must be grounded (3 prong plugs) and covered or taped down with duct tape.
- Generators are not permitted in any booths.
- All vendors must return a signed General Release of Claims form with application. The Release of Claims is the first step in the online process.
- Applications will be accepted through November 9 based on availability.